New user - purchased XMR but it hasn't deposited

Hi, I am new to local monero and buying XMR. I made a purchase earlier today. Everything appears to have worked as it should. but my xmr still hasn’t deposited to my market wallet. i assume i did something wrong. Can anyone give me some guidance. Thanks in advance.

Hi NemoDJ,

Please make sure that your receiving wallet is fully synced. If you can see transaction on the block explorer that means the transaction has been sent out successfully. If you’re not seeing it on the receiving end then the problem is on your end. Probably an issue with syncing or you’re using outdated wallet software.

Try these suggestions to unstuck your sync:
I am missing (not seeing) a transaction to (in) the GUI (zero balance): monero wallet gui - I am missing (not seeing) a transaction to (in) the GUI (zero balance) - Monero Stack Exchange

My blockchain is stuck, how do I “unstuck” it?: monerod - My blockchain is stuck, how do I "unstuck" it? - Monero Stack Exchange;

/r/monerosupport’s FAQ: Check here first! Frequently Asked Questions & Answers : monerosupport

Alternatively, try using a different wallet app (we recommend import your wallet into Feather wallet: featherwallet.org), or a different internet connection.