Hi all, quick tip about Wirex - it’s a crypto account linked to a Visa Card.
Nice things about it:
- You can get a Visa card and spend money on it and get “cryptoback” on it. 0.5% is hardly thrilling but it is decent comparing to cashback credit cards (in the UK, anyway).
- You get a pretty decent rate of exchange from crypto to fiat.
- You can hold multiple cards for different fiat currencies (EUR, USD, GBP).
Annoying things about it:
- The Wirex Token is bloody worthless and shouldn’t be touched with a barge pole.
- “Faster Payments” for it seem to be inconsistent and can take a while to process. I’m going to stop using for receiving money for trades as I don’t want my customers to be kept waiting. The way round this is to deposit using a debit card, seems to work better.
Anyway I might as well post a referral link if you are interested: https://wirexapp.com/r/EHRPP - It’s reasonably useful if you are aware of its limitations.