Too many vendors with moronic requirements

Why on earth would I provide you with an ID + selfie or even a selfie video (a video of myself! are you insane!) to buy coins via SEPA? Do those vendors not understand how this site works?
You don´t release the coins until after you have received the payment! So why on earth would I send you my ID, pictures or even a VIDEO of myself? And how stupid are people who go along with those insane requirements, giving complete strangers pictures of their ID! Identity theft here I come! I can only conclude that those people engage in just that and are scammers. After the transaction, when you provide them with ID and often phone number as they request, they know your:

Phone number
Address
Bank account details

Are you honestly kidding me? Wtf is this shit?
Still appreciate the rational people who just release coins after receiving money, but they are like a needle in a haystack.

1 Like

Unfortunately, bank account theft and chargebacks are a real threat for sellers, so some traders opt for such requirements in order to deter scammers, even if it will also repel privacy-conscious users along the way. Not all traders require this, so if such requirements are unacceptable to you, you’re free not to engage with such traders. We’re a free market and we allow our users to enter whatever agreements they like.

There is something so deeply wrong with a seller of a crypto currency requesting a selfie video that nothing can justify it in my eyes, but of course you are right that I can (and will) ignore those sellers. However, it reeks of scam to me, even though they claim they do it to protect themselves against scammers. The amount of personal details you hand over to them is simply indiscussable.

Extremely exactly … …