Why is user name shown?

Isn’t showing the user name a security risk? It would be a lot harder for someone to try and hack accounts if they didn’t know the user name.

It’d also be harder for people to know who they’re dealing with.

1 Like

All you have to do is provide a display name.

Fair enough, but in our view this introduces complexity to the site that isn’t justified. We want a user to get from registration to withdrawing their coins as quickly as possible.

I can understand that, but you are giving hackers half the information they need to hack accounts. How much longer do you think it would take someone to fill in a display name?

I signed up with the intention of being a buyer and making a quick purchase. I certainly wouldn’t have minded taking a few extra seconds. I’ll probably create another account if I decide to be a seller.

It’s not just about the length of time of filling in the display name, it’s also about the complexity introduced with regards to remembering your username vs your display name. Every additional field or variable reduces user-friendliness and simplicity. But thanks for your suggestion nonetheless. :grin:

Since user-friendliness and simplicity is a high priority here I guess you’ll be getting rid of the annoying captchas. :slight_smile:

We’d love to, but we have to keep the site protected from bots while also keeping it usable without JS.